Saturday 13 February 2010

Introducing the 'brangle'

This was really a mistake, but I think I might have created something unique by doing it!

The pearls came in a batch of different colours. The gold ones were the ones I thought I probably wouldn't make up. Nothing wrong with gold, just not one of my favourite shades.

But I thought I'd see if the holes were large enough for memory wire, so started experimenting with the gold ones, and seeing if some topaz crystals would co-ordinate with them.





As you can see, they went on and I was pleased with the crystal effect. Quite a tight fit though, and as I teased them on, something happened to the memory wire. It sort of expanded and lost it's curl.


I finished it off with a jump ring and crystal, just to see how it would look...





And now, I think I've got something half way between a bracelet and a bangle. It has enough flexibility to slip on the wrist but is quite rigid like a bangle. Could it be I've invented the BRANGLE?!

Here's the finished article. The colour is really growing on me now, and I'm thinking of putting it in the shop. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful and totally original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just beautiful, and I'm sure that it will find a new home very soon!! Perhaps you should expand on this new 'mistake' of yours, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry but it's not a new invention, I've seen bracelets made like that before, my daughter bought one a couple of years ago. Mind you I've never seen them called brangles!
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting folks! I thought it couldn't be a totally new invention. Still wondering how many people it would fit - it's about 18cm (7 inches) in internal diameter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah i've just listed a bracelet/bangle thingy in my shop which I just made on Saturday. What a coincidence!! Didn't have a clue what to call it, (wish I'd thought of brangle!!!) Lovely colours - well done.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails